The African continent possesses a vast amount of natural resources both under its precious land like platinum, gold and copper and on the ground like timber and fertile land itself. Natural resources form the basis of the economies of most African countries and constitute the Read more
While campaigning for sustainable natural resources management, IANRA additionally seeks to link and thereby strengthen African and Northern (European initially) research, advocacy and campaigning. In its first phase, 2009-2010, IANRA focuses on ensuring that Read more
We promote, together with communities, sustainable and equitable management of natural resources. We develop and/or influence natural resources and environmental legislation and policy frameworks, on a national, regional and global level. We enhance adherence to Read more
"expose" problems with corporate practice in the primary sector, "propose" other approaches (to civil society and/or communities, companies and governments), "support" alternatives and advocacy initiatives, and "promote" these alternatives at local, national, regional Read more
- Tanzania CSO Statement: Mandatory Disclosure on Extractives
- IANRA WEEK OF ACTION 25-31 March 2012: WITHOUT JUST AND EFFECTIVE LAWS, LEAVE OUR NATURAL RESOURCES ALONE!
- Tanzania IANRA 1st Meeting!
- African Commission on Human and Peoples' Rights Meeting & NGO Forum 19 Oct to 7 Nov 2011
- Pan-African Access to Information in Africa Conference
Countries & Members